…not a recipe but an action! Two of the three crowns are showing a little life, so I put a good pile of manure around each one.
- Cleared up after the winds: the wheelbarrow was upturned and bits of corrugated metal had been blown around
- Blackcurrant leaves continuing to unfurl, and the layered branch is coming along OK.
- Redcurrant bushes aren’t, in fact, dead, but I’m not hopeful that they’ll produce anything worthwhile. If they don’t, they’re out
- Neighbour’s Winter heathers are look resplendent. Vibrant colours against the soil.
- Tidied up the path on the West side, created a long habitat pile and mulched around the strawberries using the dried grass.
- Cleared the larger of the raised beds (it’s still small, at 4 foot square). Will take cardboard down and start to fill the bed with that, manure and then soil from excavation around the plot.
- Broad beans not germinated yet. Decided not to plant the remainder of the beans because the ground was a bit wet.
Not bad for an hour and a half this morning