Transplanted a redcurrant

The two redcurrants were getting overrun by grass, so I pruned the healthier one and left the other in the long grass. Today I dug out the beetroot half bed, moved the frame and transplanted a redcurrant. It seems that most cultivars are self-fertile, so I’ll junk the straggly one.

Beetroots were a lot of work, and I only got one meal from the half bed full. I didn’t thin them soon enogh and the most of the remainder got eaten by slugs when we were on holiday :( However the daughter loved them, so they’ll be planted next year.

I now have identified areas for 3 news beds. I need to order in sufficient manure from Gorgie City Farm relatively soon. (Wait until after half term)

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s