Had a very productive morning in the playgroup garden, assisted by Stephen and Gavin. Perhaps assisted is the wrong word for it: they did the graft and I faffed around with habitat piles, rakes and compost heaps. All the nettles are now gone and there’s a decent view from the kitchen window, so I think there’s more scope for the kids to get outside during the playgroup sessions.
For the record, it took three of us 2 hours to
- prune the trees outside the kitchen
- pull the ivy off the kitchen wall
- cut back all the weeds around the edge of the garden
- attempted to discourage people climbing over the fence by piling prunings across an ad hoc path
- found a Peppa Pig football and 2 tennis balls
- built a compost heap