Another warning letter from the allotments officer, and this time it seems to have kick-started me into action. I’ve got two new beds dug, cut down most of the tall grass, and put lovely leaf mould on the new beds. Have sown turnip seed by the red shed, but amn’t holding my breath for them to grow — nothing else that’s grown from seed has worked this year.
- Two French bean plants (out of 20 double-planted sites) are doing well. Who knows if they’ll bear any beans?
- courgettes are basically slug food
- cleaned up the path by the South side of the plot
- Got a good idea for how to manage the plot.
Next up …
- Go through Hessayon’s book noting which veggies I want to grow
- Talk to LETS people about permaculture